Brian Boyle, and I'm proof that miracles happen


My name is Brian Boyle, and I'm proof that miracles happen.


A month after I graduated from high school in 2004, I came home from swim practice and I saw
Involved in a fatal accident involving a truck and Garbage.

The impact of the violent collision ripped my heart in my chest, shattered my ribs, clavicle, pelvis, collapsed my lungs, causing damage to every organ, my kidneys and liver stopped working, my spleen and gall bladder had to be removed resulting in the loss of 60% of my blood, severe damage to the nerves in my left shoulder, leaving me in a coma being held by electronic and medical equipment for more than two months in Prince Georges Hospital Center in Cheverly, MD.

I have no memory of the accident, or a few days before the date of the accident. My first recollection after the collision and is still vivid in my mind to this day, was to be in a big white tube. In this tube there was a boy sitting to my left, and many other boys and girls on my right side (I use the term because it seemed boys my age). I do not know why I was there or even how to get there first. The more time I spent there, I could visualize my surroundings more. The guy to my left had a cell phone, and asked if I needed to call someone for me. I said "yes, you can call my parents and tell them I love them."

The next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed, chemically paralyzed and connected to all those machines. Amidst all the beeps and buzzes that issued the medical teams were saving my life at that moment, I could hear my mom and dad telling between dramatic pauses and crying hysterically that "everything would be fine."

Just moments before I think I was waiting in line to make my final judgment, but that should not have been my time. Moments later, I had come back to life. This was just the beginning of my suffering.

I have I died eight times while in the ICU, and even when I woke up from my coma, I could not talk or communicate. It was not known for sure if to go out of my room in a wheelchair or a bag of morgue. Regarding my future, not exist.

Walk never happen again for all serious injuries and because of the shattered pelvis. The rethink swimming, was just that, just a thought. Like my body, my dreams were shattered. But what I did not give up because I knew that God had a plan for me.


After spending two months in a coma, 14 operations, 36 blood transfusions, 13 plasma treatments, I lost a total of 100 pounds and had to go to a rehabilitation center in Baltimore. I had to learn to talk, eat, walk, shower, and live independently. After that agonizing experience, I had to go to outpatient therapy in Waldorf, Maryland.

After spending a few months in a wheelchair, I made the decision to work hard to walk again, so I started walking baby steps on my own. It was a miracle, after much effort, I could walk again, but I wanted to prove the doctors who could not only walk, but run. After he had done it, I decided it was time to work hard to return back into the pool. After a few tests, lung, I could go to the pool a little each week.

Before the accident I had three objectives: to go to college swim team, and compete in a triathlon ironman (Iron Man) someday. After a few months of swimming a few laps here and there with my partner and good training of friends, Sam Fleming, I decided that I would not allow my injury prevented me from living my dream. Six months after I started my first year at St. Mary's College of Maryland - and I turned into a proud member of the swim team.

It is very easy to read or escuhar these facts from the list and make it look as if it was a facily achievement that gave everything in a way that everything fit perfectly, but the truth is that no. It was not easy, not then, not now. The pain and agony was real and existed through all the way - in good times and very bad.

It was not an easy situation to be in bed, staring at the ceiling, knowing that your life is over while you're watching a priest reading you the last rights. I thought to myself again and again, why did this happen to me. I was always a good kid, I got good grades in school, and attending church. Why something as horrible as this to me? Why did God allow this? I spent day after day wondering why? And then I realized. My whole effort of thinking and thinking it was spending on the wrong questions, (the Cause to me if I do this ... and that ..?) - So I changed my mind one question and that was the one. .. why he was still alive ?, after that I had no more questions. I finally understood my purpose in life.

With 50 years life expectancy was given medical, now I'm trying to live each day to the fullest and hope to inspire and motivate others in their lives and their faith. Some people say I'm like 'Lazarus' because God brought me back to life. All I know is I want to make the most of the precious time they are given.

My story is about recovery and return, but I want to do much more than that. I want to make a positive impact on the world. I want to encourage hope to inspire others through my efforts never give up on your dreams and never stop believing and faith in God, no matter how bad a situation may seem.

Mark 9:23
"Jesus saith unto him, If thou canst believe, believes all things are possible."
Matthew 19:26
And looking at them Jesus said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Joshua 1: 9
"Look not commanded you? Be strong and courageous; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. "
Philippians 4:13
"I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. "
Romans 8:37
"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. "
IsaĆ­as.26: 3
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee; because Ti entrusted "

0 comments:

Post a Comment